Continuing on with the theme as it appears, I have a lot of book bench pictures...
 |
| William Shakespeare appropriately placed by the Globe Theatre. |
 |
| "That's not my meerkat", a series of books by Fiona Watt |
 |
| Samuel Pepys' Diary, part of the Greenwich Trail for book benches. |
 |
| "The Railway Children" by E Nesbit |
 |
| "The Canterbury Tales" by Geoffrey Chaucer |
 |
| "Frozen in Time" by Captain Scott |
 |
| Probably my favourite of the benches that I saw because of the incredible colour, "On the Origin of the Species" by Charles Darwin |
 |
| "Mrs Dalloway" by Virginia Woolf |
 |
| Batgirl getting all mysterious with Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. |
 |
| Loved the design of these benches and some of them were so creative it seemed a bit sacreligious to sit on them and eat your lunch. |
 |
| "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" by CS Lewis. This bench had my two favourite characters Aslan and Mr. Tumnus. |
 |
| "Nineteen Eighty-Four" by George Orwell. One of the more detailed benches, my photos definitely do not do it justice. |
 |
| "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. Not gonna lie, a little disappointed with the artwork for this bench. |
 |
| James Bond stories by Ian Fleming. A standout, such a well thought out design and very eye-catching. 007 would approve. |
 |
| "Hercule Poirot and the Greenshore Folly" by Agatha Christie. |
I had such an enjoyable time going around the city and looking for this benches. And there will still a lot that I missed, Great Expectation, Bridget Jones's Diary, Around the World in Eighty Days, and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, just to name a few. I'm looking forward to the next collection of art sculptures going out this month and the theme is Paddington Bearsso I suspect at some point you will get the photo collection from that.
1 comment:
Brenda, these are so much fun and for the most part so well done. Much more fun than Pigs in Seattle.
Post a Comment